The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z
Landon School hosts 70th annual Azalea Festival
Track and Field competes at county championships
Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title
Boys lacrosse season comes to a close after losing to Churchill 12–5 in regional finals

Infatuated with Michael Buble’s “Crazy Love” album

Photo courtesy http://mp3passion.biz,

Canadian singer-songwriter Michael Bublé is putting a new fire behind smooth jazz. His album Crazy Love features 13 passionate love songs that speak to listeners with messages of hurt and unfulfilled love.

The first song on the album, “Cry Me a River,” features a low brass section which expresses the intensity of Bublé’s feelings. The introduction sets a tense, angry atmosphere that demonstrates his endless passion for love.

One of his more commonly known songs, “Haven’t Met You Yet,” is slightly more uplifting in nature and creates a hope for a future where there’ll be love. Local radio station 99.5 often plays this song, but cuts the trumpet solo in the middle which ruins the feel of the song. “Haven’t Met You Yet” is better in its original jazz form, the way Bublé intended it to be.

“Crazy Love,” the namesake for Bublé’s album, features his voice more than instruments. The arrangement shows off his pure vocal talent and pays tribute to those rewarding and comforting love. The light instrumentals that accompany Bublé creates a more lighthearted and mellow tone than some of his other, fierier love songs.

Other tracks on Crazy Love include “All Of Me,” “Heartache Tonight” and “You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You.” The smooth jazz style combined with Bublé’s angelic singing is a winning combination for love songs that’s hard to match.