LIVE: Boys volleyball takes on Poolesville in second round of playoffs

Taylor Swift-ly wins crowd approval at latest concert

Taylor Swift sang "Picture to Burn" to a sold out stadium of adoring fans who sang along to each song. Photo by Stephanie Haven.

Young girls’ screaming voices filled the Verizon Center Tuesday and Wednesday night, welcoming Taylor Swift’s ‘Fearless’ 2010 tour. The concert was full of intricate stage decorations and countless costume changes.

As the curtain opened for the 20-year-old, she rose slowly onto the stage, suited as a drum majorette with cheerleaders by her side for an energizing rendition of “You Belong With Me.”

After her first song, Swift switched from the unusual marching band outfit to one of her signature sparkling mini-dresses. To complete the eye-and-ear catching picture, she played “Our Song” on her silver glittery guitar, followed by “Tell Me Why.”

One of Swift’s unique qualities as a musician is her ability to summarize relationships and breakups, into clever and relatable songs. To emphasize this aspect, an actor portrayed the infamous ‘Drew’ of “Teardrops on My Guitar” for the song.

Less than halfway through the concert, a faux-crime show video aired where the host interviewed multiple guys as prospects for Swift’s love songs. After the video ended, much to the crowd’s surprise, Swift appeared singing in the audience as loving fans gathered around her for hugs and pictures.

As the crowd cheered enthusiastically, Swift sung slow-paced songs like her first broadcast song, “Tim McGraw,” as well as “Hey Stephen,” “Fifteen” and “White Horse.”

Unlike Swift’s D.C. concert last June, she sang one of her new songs “Today was a Fairytale,” off of the soundtrack from her movie “Valentine’s Day.” Red and white paper hearts poured from the ceiling, exciting the young fans.

Swift’s last song, “Should’ve Said No,” definitely solidified her stellar performance.

“The concert was amazing,” sophomore Grace Chandler said. “Her set list was incredible. She’s such a great performer.”