Main office secretary to retire after 10 years of service

Donna Gardiner, who has been a secretary in the main office for 10 years, is retiring at the end of this school year.

Donna Gardiner is retiring after 10 years of helping students and organizing graduation. Thank you Mrs. Gardiner! Photo by Jefferson Luo.

Gardiner’s contributions have included but aren’t limited to working closely alongside students, organizing graduation and becoming a part of the community in the main office.

“In this office, we all have really good working and personal relationships. These are the people I see every day, and I see them more than anyone else,” she said. “We have a really good camaraderie and I will miss them.”

Gardiner’s graduation work has covered everything from ensuring seniors pay their senior dues at the beginning of the year to meticulously reviewing the list of senior names for the programs and the ceremony, allowing the event to run smoothly. Gardiner plans to return briefly next year to mentor the new secretary for graduation, she said.

“It’s always a little bittersweet,” Gardiner said. “But I don’t think I will fully realize it until the first day of next school year when I don’t come back.”