Boys tennis triumphs over Wootton 6–1

[score id=”49247″ align=”right”]
The boys tennis team (4–0) defeated the Wootton Patriots (4–1) with a 6–1 victory Wednesday for their fourth consecutive win this season.

With key player Jack Welch returning back to the court from a wrist injury, the squad was ready to take on the Patriots, their first Division I opponent of the season.

“Jack’s the type of player who can take a break from tennis for a while and come back and still be just as good,” second doubles player Ben Marks said. “He’s a huge asset to the team and having him back was really helpful today.”

The team had a strong lineup set with Welch regaining his spot as second singles. With consistent victories over the Patriots in past years, they were optimistic about their chances heading into the game.

“Last year we also won 6-1 but anything can happen when match day comes,” Welch said. “Our team this year is tough to beat and everyone played really hard today.”

Nearly every player dominated their sets with strong matches. Fourth singles player Kevan Nathani won 6-1, 6-3 and doubles team Ben Marks and Will Caudron came out on top of a highly contested game winning 4-6, 9-7 and 7-5.

Next, the Vikes play at B-CC on Monday, April 11th at 3:45.