The Black & White’s analysis of the Washington Commanders 2024 NFL draft
The Black & White’s top 2024 Met Gala outfits
The evolution of tipping culture
Baseball advances to regional finals after beating Churchill 2–1

Wallet-and-tastebud-friendly lunch options

It’s a lazy Saturday, and you want to grab a bite to eat with your friends, but you just can’t take another Chipotle burrito (unlikely, but let’s just pretend that’s the case). Don’t fret! There are plenty of fast, wallet-friendly establishments in Bethesda for you to try.

1. &pizza: This cute, new pizza shop is open for business just a few steps from Chipotle at 7614 Old Georgetown Rd. Customers can choose from a pre-set menu with plenty of tasty options, or be more creative and come up with a concoction of their own that’s bound to be delicious. Prices are all under $9.00, no matter how many toppings.

Photo by Rebecca Katz.
Though mostly known for their hunger-inducing smell and delicious bread, Springmill also serves sandwiches and soup. Photo by Rebecca Katz.

2. Springmill: Though mostly known for their hunger-inducing smell and delicious bread, Springmill also serves sandwiches and soup—perfect for a summer day or winter afternoon. Bonus: the free samples are delectable and change daily. Located at 4961 Elm St.

3. Jetties: Jetties has been serving up delicious salads and sandwiches in Bethesda since 2011. Made with fresh ingredients and served based on a pre-set menu or to the liking of the customer, this cute, Nantucket-themed joint is fast enough to go and come back to school with plenty of time. Located at 4829 Fairmont Ave, next to BGR.

4. Kadhai: This Indian restaurant is centrally located at 7905 Norfolk Ave., and is close to the action without the noise of the crowds of people walking around. It’s great for spicy and flavorful food and the lunch buffet makes it even more appealing.

5. Bradley Food and Beverage: This small, upscale grocery store offers a wide variety of sandwich options for an affordable price. The staff is always friendly and the food is prepared fresh, daily. Don’t forget to ask for the free pickle! Located in the Bradley Shopping Center at 6904 Arlington Rd.

Whether you’re looking for lunch or dinner, these restaurants will sate anybody’s need for some delicious cooking. More importantly, you hipsters can brag to your friends that you know of a cool lunch place that they probably don’t know.