The best movies to watch to study for your AP history exam
A guide to the May 14th Primary Elections
HVAC system malfunction causes evacuation, disrupts student testing
Girls lacrosse falls to Sherwood 10–9 in county championships
Whitman ranked second-best high school in Maryland, 139th nationally
Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Gear Blog: Running Socks

The brooks nightlife sock comes in high contrast colors. photo courtesy of brooksrunning.com

**Andrew Palmer**

One of the most critical parts to a runner’s health and comfort is proper running socks.  Proper socks provide an extra layer of cushioning, and extreme breathability to allows heat to leave the runner’s foot and micro-fiber stitching that wicks moisture and keeps the foot dry.  This technology is extremely successful in blister prevention. 

There are several different types of running socks, and all get the job done.   It is completely up to the runner as to which style will be most successful for them. 

The Balega Enduro sock comes in two different cuts, low-cut and ankle.  The sock is completely seam-less micro fiber and provides and extra layer of cushioning.  It is mesh on the top for increased ventilation.  The enduro sock retails for $9.95. 

The asics DS Trainer low cut sock is extremely light and designed for performance running.  It has an articulated arch band that helps with better fit and is stitched with soft yarn for comfort.  Like most other socks, the DS Trainer provides mesh ventilation.  It retails for $10.00

The Brooks Nightlife sock is also lightweight and provides moisture transfer technology.  The sock also comes in high contrast colors so the runner can be seen in the dark.  It is an extremely tight fitting sock that is designed to eliminate blisters.  It retails for $10.00.