Softball falls to Walter Johnson 7–4 in regional finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Blair in state quarterfinals
Bomb threat prompts evacuation of Walt Whitman High School
Girls lacrosse destroys Montgomery Blair 20–3 instate quarter-finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in regional finals
The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend

JV boys soccer falls to Walter Johnson, 3-2

The JV boys soccer team fell to the Walter Johnson Wildcats, 3-2, Oct. 15, dropping its record to 4-3-1.

The JV boys soccer team attempts to control the ball during its 3-2 overtime loss to Walter Johnson. Photo by Julia Squeri.

**written by Julia Squeri**

The Vikes started strong with a 50-yard goal by captain Jorge Richardson, followed by another goal by freshman Aaron Tannebaum. The Vikes entered the second half with a 2-0 lead.

Shortly into the second half, one of the Vikings players got red carded, forcing them to play down one man for the remainder of the game. Minutes after the foul, Walter Johnson scored its first goal.

Goalie Yann Decressin had many impressive saves, but WJ was able to slip through the Vikes’ defense to score another goal.

With the score tied, Tannebaum took another shot, which bounced off the inside goal post. With the absence of another striker, no one was there for the rebound, and the game went into overtime.

Walter Johnson scored their third goal four minutes into overtime, giving them the victory.

“We fought hard” Richardson said. “Sometimes it doesn’t pay off, but that’s soccer.”

The Vikes hope to improve their record when the travel to Wootton on Oct 17.