Softball falls to Walter Johnson 7–4 in regional finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Blair in state quarterfinals
Bomb threat prompts evacuation of Walt Whitman High School
Girls lacrosse destroys Montgomery Blair 20–3 instate quarter-finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in regional finals
The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend

Girls soccer ties Walter Johnson, 0-0

The girls soccer team tied the 5-3-2 Walter Johnson Wilcats, 0-0, Oct. 14, moving its record to 7-0-1.

The Wildcats dominated the early part of the game, taking several shots that barely missed the goal. The Vikes rebounded in the second half, putting pressure on Walter Johnson’s defense. A left-footed shot from center defender Corinne Lake nearly popped over the Wildcat goalie’s head, but the keeper managed to catch the ball.

Double overtime was evenly matched, with both teams getting quality opportunities.

Goalie Claire Bartholomew made several key saves, including a diving save to the bottom left corner to keep the game knotted at 0-0 in the closing minutes of the second half. She claimed her eighth straight shutout, breaking the record for the most single shutouts in a season. The previous record was seven, held by last year’s starting goalie Hannah Sasscer.

The Vikes hope to improve their division record to 3-0-1 when they take on the Wootton Patriots Oct. 17 at home.