LIVE: Baseball takes on Blair in state quarterfinals
Bomb threat prompts evacuation of Walt Whitman High School
Girls lacrosse destroys Montgomery Blair 20–3 instate quarter-finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in reigonal finals
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z

The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z

Boys basketball defeats Northwest, evens out record

The boys basketball team defeated the Northwest Jaguars, 59-48, evening their record at 8-8 on the season on Feb 1.

The teams battled back and forth to start the game, with neither squad taking a significant lead. The Jaguars put together some late baskets to gain a 9-8 lead heading into the second quarter.

The Vikings struggled a bit offensively as the Jaguars played tough defense. The Jaguars were able to maintain offensive pressure and mounted a 24-17 lead at halftime.

However, the Vikings came out of the half firing. The team scored 26 total points in the third quarter, more than doubling their score in the previous two quarters. However the Vikings had a slim 43-39 heading into the final quarter of play.

The Vikings continued to make baskets and hold the Jaguars offense off. The boys outscored the Jaguars 16-9 in the fourth quarter to seal the victory.

Center Ian Ross led the team in scoring with 16 points and in rebounding with 8 rebounds. Guard Jake Harrison, who nearly made all his foul shots added 13 points while small forward Daniel Voigt had 11.

The Vikings will take on cross-town rival the B-CC Barons next on Feb. 7. The Vikings lost to the Barons earlier in the season when B-CC’s Doug Pierce made a last second shot to win the game.