LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in reigonal finals
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z
Landon School hosts 70th annual Azalea Festival
Track and Field competes at county championships
Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title

Most celebrities should stick to acting

Lindsay Lohan.  Paris Hilton.  Heidi Montag.  What do these three celebrities have in common?  They’ve all tried their hand at music and they’ve all failed.  If these stars teach us anything, it’s that celebrities without musical talent shouldn’t enter the music industry.

Photo courtesy of celebspin.com.
Photo courtesy of celebspin.com.

Lohan launched her first album, “Speak,” in 2004 followed by “A Little More Personal (Raw)” in 2005.  But while songs featured in her movies, like “Freaky Friday” and “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen” were successful, Lohan’s own music didn’t fare as well.

Although Lohan’s debut album “Speak” reached number four on the Billboard 200, its short-lived success was probably due more to curiosity at the prospect of her singing than her actual vocal ability.  Her second album “A Little More Personal (Raw),” reached number 20.   Considering she released the album during the peak of her movie career, the album’s seven-week tenure on the chart was unimpressive.

Paris Hilton is another story.  If Lohan had any musical talent, Hilton possesses none whatsoever, except for an unlimited supply of money to back whatever projects she takes on.  In 2006, she released the album “Paris,” which might as well have been named “I Am Not Creative.”

Photo courtesy of theinsider.com.
Photo courtesy of theinsider.com.

Hilton’s album was disastrous, no exceptions.  The hotel heiress lacks the necessary vocal range, making the singing on the album beyond weak.  Likewise, the instrumental music in the songs wasn’t strong enough to balance out Hilton’s terrible singing and unimaginative lyrics.

Hilton’s only song to ever make it to the radio was “Stars Are Blind.” The single somehow reached number 55 on Billboard’s Radio songs chart before plummeting to the bottom after one week.

Most recent to follow the disastrous conversion of actress to musician is Heidi Montag.  Another celebrity with more popularity than real talent, the Hills star recently attempted to justify her stardom with the song “Body Language.”  She attempted to continued her music career with the album “Here She Is…,” which was released in August.

The album is a train wreck.  Montag’s songs are horrible knock-offs of Britney Spears’ recent work with fast-paced music and breathy vocals.  The album’s failure can be

Photo courtesy of celebritybug.com.
Photo courtesy of celebritybug.com.

credited to the overused synthesizer and Montag’s monotone voice.

The reason for these celebrities’ failures is their lack of talent.  There are plenty of stars who are famous for being multi-talented, but not everyone can be Beyoncé or Hugh Jackman.

Celebrities should develop and perfect their talents instead of making unsuccessful and unwanted forages into other fields.