Perspective: The downside of repealing DACA

By Anjali Jha and Maeve Trainor

724 total views, 14 views today

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Perspective: The downside of repealing DACA”

1. Jon Snow on November 10th, 2017 5:44 pm

You only presented the weakest argument for the repeal of DACA. No mention of the President Obama taking unilateral executive action to give legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants. Like or dislike the policy, this was a profound increase in executive authority and the fact is that what President Obama did in giving these people de facto legal status had them hand over their information to the federal government, which made all of them much more liable to deportation. Funny how in the National Review pieces i’ve linked the prospect of jobs is not mentioned, but instead regards the immigration process in general and the integrity of the legislature. Read up on the actual counter arguments before posting such a blatant one sided take on the issue, that makes the smallest attempt at addressing any of the counterarguments. If possible I’d like a reply from the creators of the video or the editorial board of the Black and White.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450894/daca-donald-trump-end-amnesty
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451071/donald-trump-daca-democrats-must-compromise

[Reply]

2. Ygritte on November 13th, 2017 9:37 am

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

[Reply]