Baseball falls to BCC 7–3 in the ultimate Battle of Bethesda
Boys volleyball falls to Walter Johnson 3–1
MCPS cancels bus tracking pilot app
Whitman hosts first International Night since COVID-19 pandemic
Boys lacrosse annihilates Blake 18–1
Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Boys tennis defeats Quince Orchard 4–3

[score id=”49985″ align=”right”]
The boys tennis team encountered a close match against the Quince Orchard Cougars, but came out on top with a 4–3 win Wednesday.

The Vikes hold the Division One title, but are competing against Division Two teams for the remainder of the season. With the more competitive matches over, coach Jasen Gohn decided to switch up the normal lineup for this game, benching their usual singles lineup and putting reserves into their spots.

“I think we underestimated them too much,” first doubles player Jamie Muira said. “We didn’t play our full strength lineup.”

With two losses from the singles players, fourth singles player Julian Kafka rose to the occasion and clutched out a three set victory against his opponent.

“The game was a little too close for comfort,” first doubles player Oscar Levine said.

While the singles lineup was changed, the doubles lineup remained the same for the most part and the Vikings experienced wins from two out of three doubles squads. First doubles team Oscar Levine and Jamie Muira won 6–1, 6–0 and second doubles team Ben Marks and Will Caudron won their match.

Next, the Vikings play the Blair Blazers at 3:45 at home.