Boys tennis clinches third consecutive division one title with 6–1 victory over RM

[score id=”49764″ align=”right”]
The boys tennis team (8–0) defeated their last Division One competitors, the Richard Montgomery Rockets, 6–1 Wednesday, making the Vikings the undefeated champions of their division for the third consecutive year.

While the Vikes still have four games remaining in the regular season, their divisional matches are done for this spring.

Fourth singles player Kevan Nathani returns a forehand down the line in the team's victory over RM. Photo by Annabelle Gordon.
Fourth singles player Kevan Nathani returns a forehand down the line in the team’s victory over RM. Photo by Annabelle Gordon.

“The rest of our season will definitely be less challenging,” second doubles player Ben Marks said. “We still are going to be trying our hardest in these upcoming matches though, so that we can secure a good seed for counties.”

The squad plans to keep up their hard work and attack the final games of the regular season with the end goal of winning counties fresh in their minds.

“The rest of the season looks pretty good for us,” third singles player Andrew Leung said. “We have a strong line-up and look to see some new exercises from Mr. Gohn to help improve our game and get ready for counties.”

The Vikings take on the Magruder Colonels next on August 25 at 3:45.