Girls lacrosse stuns Springbrook 18–2
Boys tennis defeats Walter Johnson 5–2
Baseball falls to BCC 7–3 in the ultimate Battle of Bethesda
Boys volleyball falls to Walter Johnson 3–1

Coed volleyball breaks B-CC 3–1

[score id=”49666″ align=”right”]
The coed volleyball team (5–1) defeated the B-CC Barons Monday in a relatively sloppy effort from the Vikings, although the team improved as the game went on.

Hitter Gideon Crawford unleashes a spike in a 3–1 victory over B-CC. Photo courtesy Tomas Castro.

The game got off to a rough start for the Vikings in the first set, as they barely prevailed 25–22. Many of the Barons’ points in this set were the result of unforced errors by the Vikings.

This trend continued as the game went on and the Barons took the second set 25–17.

“I think we’re a bit rusty, mainly because we haven’t had a single practice in well over a week,” libero Andrew Constable said. “With absolutely no time to practice, it’s very difficult to work as a team.”

After the second set, the momentum shifted in favor of the Vikings. The team performed better in all aspects of the game with well set up hits, block attempts, and an increase of points won. The Vikings ran away with the third set 25–14.

The fourth and final set was more competitive, but the more consistently playing Vikings eventually pulled it out and won the contest in four sets.

“By the end we were starting to remember what it felt like to play a quality game together,” Constable said. “I’m hoping that today will have served as a good warm up for tomorrow when we can really showcase the skill our team possesses.”

The team travels to face Churchill April 19.