LIVE: Boys volleyball takes on Walter Johnson
Track and field competes against Walter Johnson and Winston Churchill
Baseball triumphs over Churchill 4–6
Girls tennis defeats Churchill; boys tennis falls
Boys volleyball falls to Northwest 3–1
Clarksburg High School junior Praneel Suvarna wins 2024-2025 SMOB election

Boys tennis remains undefeated after 4–3 win over Churchill

[score id=”49543″ align=”right”]
The boys tennis team (6–0) beat the Churchill Bulldogs (6–0) Wednesday in a back and forth 4–3 victory.

Both the Vikes and the Bulldogs entered the game with undefeated records, promising a aggressive match between the two teams.

The boys tennis team celebrates after their 4–3 win over the Churchill Bulldogs on Wednesday. Photo courtesy Jasen Gohn

“We definitely expected today to be competitive but actually playing at that level was much more stressful than any of our previous matches,” second doubles player Ben Marks said. “All we could do was play more relaxed and take each game point by point.”

As the matches went on, the team suffered losses from their first and second doubles teams, and their fourth singles competitor.

With only three matches left, it was down to third doubles team Peter Hoogstraten and Jamie Miura, as well as second singles player Jack Welch, to conquer their games and secure the win for the squad.

“I was down 5–1 in the first set, then to 5–4, but I went down 4–0 and faced three set points but I came back and eventually won the set 7–5,” Welch said. “I tried to stay very consistent and play point by point in order to win.”

Hoogstraten and Miura also came out on top, winning both sets 6–1, 6–3.

The game was a pivotal win for the Vikings as they progress further into their season, hoping to continue their undefeated streak.

The Vikes play the WJ Wildcats next Wednesday at 3:45pm.