Baseball falls to BCC 7–3 in the ultimate Battle of Bethesda
Boys volleyball falls to Walter Johnson 3–1
MCPS cancels bus tracking pilot app
Whitman hosts first International Night since COVID-19 pandemic
Boys lacrosse annihilates Blake 18–1
Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse falls to Sherwood 9–7

[score id=”49194″ align=”right”]
The girls lacrosse team (1–1) returned to action Monday with a 9–7 loss to the 2–1 Sherwood Warriors in a highly competitive game.

Going into the game, the team knew that it would be a difficult test against one of the top teams in the state.

Despite an early 5–0 deficit, the Vikes cut the lead to 6–3 at the half. They were able to keep the game close behind a solid team effort and strong performances by goalie Claire Hisle and midfielder Eden Gray.

“It was definitely a team effort but goalie Claire Hisle and midfielder Eden Gray really stood out tonight,” defender Maddy Russell said.

Gray and Attacker Gaby Svec led the offense scoring two goals apiece while Hisle was able to block multiple Warrior shots.

Despite keeping the score close for most of the game, the Vikings were unable to take the lead late in the game, falling 9–7 to the Warriors.

However, the team was still satisfied with their strong performance.

“We were really satisfied with the way we played and gave it our all,” Russell said. “We are starting to gel as a team and they were hard competition.”

The Vikings’ next game will be at St. Andrews on April 7 at 4.