MCPS cancels bus tracking pilot app
Whitman hosts first International Night since COVID-19 pandemic
Boys lacrosse annihilates Blake 18–1
Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Swim teams show up strong at Metros

Both boys and girls swimming had success at Metros, with many swimmers improving on their times as the team prepares for regionals.

Overall, the girls placed seventh with 182 points, and the boys placed 11th, with 126 points.

Alex Vissering led the boys team, finishing fifth in the 200 IM and third in the 100 breast. Jeff Su finished 12th in the 500 freestyle.

Vissering explained that although Metros doesn’t necessarily qualify a swimmer for regionals, swimmers can gain All-American consideration if they place high enough in their event.

For the girls, Caroline Rhodes headed the team, placing eighth in the 200 IM and seventh in the 500 IM.

Swimmers qualify for regionals by finishing in the top two in their event for their team.

“Metros is all public and private schools in the area,” Vissering said. “All schools including Gonzaga and other schools in Virginia come. Metros is much faster than regionals.”

Regionals will be this Saturday, at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Swim Center.