Ice hockey wins 6–3 over B-CC

[score id=”47867″ align=”right”]
Ice hockey came out on top Tuesday with a 6–3 win over B-CC, after beating the Barons 8–6 earlier in the season.

The score was largely a group effort, with each goal being scored by a different player.

Goalie Matt Derry leaves the ice after Tuesday's win over B-CC. Photo courtesy Alan Goodwin
Goalie Matt Derry leaves the ice after Tuesday’s win over B-CC. Photo courtesy Alan Goodwin

“We really played well together as a team, rather than playing a very independent player-by-player game,” forward Joseph Tseytlin said.

The teams ended the first period with a 1–1 tie, but returned in the second period to make three more goals, while shutting the Barons out on defense.

B-CC retaliated with a quick goal to start off the third period, and 11 minutes later Viking defenseman Tiger Bjornlund increased the score to 5–2 with a goal of his own. Within the last two minutes of the game, Tseytlin scored, followed by a power play goal from the Barons that brought the game to its final score.

“My line had really worked the puck around the offensive zone very well, and then [Clarke Gordon] got the puck at the point and passed it to me down low near the net. I stepped in and slipped the puck between the goalie’s legs,” Tseytlin said of his goal.

The Vikes (5–3–2) return to the Rockville Ice Arena Thursday at 4:20 to face off with Churchill, the defending state champion, for a rematch of their 0-7 loss in November.