Boys lacrosse dominates Poolesville 18–3

Golf team ties for third at states, Hutchinson finishes second overall

It was another successful year for the Whitman golf team, as they finished third overall, tying with Wootton. Junior Graham Hutchinson finished second overall, with totals of 70 and 69 strokes in the semis and finals, respectively.

Both Whitman and Wootton’s scores were 621, a score obtained by combining the top four stroke totals from each school.

At states last year, Whitman finished third, with a score of 636, so players were happy with their performance.

Graham Hutchinson, who came in first last year, expressed that the team’s results exceeded their expectations

“We didn’t play very well the first day but Danny Mills and Kevin Keene played respectfully well on day two,” Hutchinson said. “We expected to be in the top five, so we did well, compared to our expectations.”

Senior Danny Mills shared the sentiment.

“We had a good year, finishing third in the county in the regular season third at states,” Mills said. “It was a really strong year across the country in golf so third place was a very good finish.”

Churchill, who finished first for the second year in a row, capped off the final day with a record-breaking 572, destroying the 596 stroke total that the team had also set.