Girls soccer demolishes Kennedy 10–0

The girls soccer team crushed the Kennedy Cavaliers 10–0 Monday in Silver Spring, taking advantage of the Cavaliers’ less-developed lineup to bring their fifth win of the season.

The Vikings’ attackers worked constantly throughout the match, with many opportunities to score due to Kennedy’s sparse defense.

“They sort of panicked by their goal when we were pressing to score,” forward Olivia Lobsenz said. “As the game went on we pressed more and more and attacked more and more and our offensive came off very strong.”

Midfielder Mary Kate Skilling advances on goal moments before scoring. Photo courtesy Adam Prill.

The win was largely a team effort, including goals from forwards Mary Dimitrov and Caroline Smith, as well as midfielders Emily Tompkins, Chelsea Cahill and Mary Kate Skilling.

Because the Cavaliers had no shots on goal, coach Greg Herbert was able to put in team members that hadn’t had much playing time in the more competitive games, such as against B-CC and WJ.

“There was a pretty good mix of people who scored,” Lobsenz said. “Everyone got an opportunity to play, and since the team wasn’t that good people could really show their skills.”

The Vikes will host the Richard Montgomery Rockets Wednesday at 7:15.