Boys volleyball takes down Seneca Valley 3–1

Boys volleyball closes out season with 3–2 loss to Paint Branch

In a tense back-and-forth game, the boys volleyball team fell to 3–2 against the Paint Branch
Panthers on the road Wednesday night, finishing their season at 2–9.

[score id=”44516″ align=”right”]
“It was probably the greatest game that we have ever played,” back row Kueho Choi said. “We had good teamwork, communication, and we played as a real volleyball team.”

The game went to five sets, with the score alternating each set. The Vikes lost the first and third sets, but won the second and fourth sets to stay in the game. Ultimately, however, they trailed 15–13 in the last set.

The Vikings’ defense worked to get as many balls as possible, and had an organized rotation in the back row, which helped them to return as many of the Panthers’ hits as possible.

Offense was determined to score throughout the game, and outside hitters Colin Grant and Stepan Casey had standout performances.

“After going back and forth, it was nice when they’d get hard kills because it would propel our momentum,” outside hitter Harrison Jacobs said.

The Vikes hope to carry this momentum into next year’s team, as they will not be graduating any players this year.

“If we played like this from the start of the season we would have had a much different result,” Choi said. “So if everyone comes back next year, we might be able to do much better.”