Boys volleyball takes down Seneca Valley 3–1

Coed volleyball edges out Seneca Valley 3–2

[score id=”44446″ align=”right”]
The coed volleyball team defeated the Seneca Valley Screaming Eagles 3–2 Monday at Seneca Valley, bringing them to 7–3 for the season.

The first two sets had rough starts for the Vikes, but the team slowly improved as play progressed. The Vikes tightened their defense while maximizing opportunities on offense in order to do so, but ultimately lost the first set 25–22.

The Vikes picked it up in the second and third sets, and they emerged victorious 25–22 and 25–18, respectively. The beginning of the third set was strikingly different from that of the others, as Whitman was able to secure a lead from the get-go.

“We started all sets in a hole and had to struggle our way back in order to win except in the third set,” outside hitter Maddie McGill said. “Hanalei Fong had a 12 point serving streak and we were up 12–0 when we lost the serve.”

Unfortunately for the Vikes, the excitement was lost in the fourth set, when they fell 25–18.

The Vikings snagged a quick victory in the last set, finishing the game 15–4 in a remarkable offensive showing that caught the Eagles’ defense off guard.

To land their 8th win, the Vikes head to Paint Branch Wednesday at 5:15 to face the Panthers.