MCPS cancels bus tracking pilot app
Whitman hosts first International Night since COVID-19 pandemic
Boys lacrosse annihilates Blake 18–1
Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Furst pitches perfect game, softball defeats Watkins Mill

[score id=”44435″ align=”right”]
On senior night, the softball team mercy-ruled the Watkins Mill Wolverines 16–0 Monday, improving to 6–7 on the season.

Senior Lauren Furst pitched a perfect game with eight strikeouts and led the offense with two singles and a three-run homer.

Although Furst was the standout player, the whole team contributed, as every Viking got on base, taking advantage of an inexperienced pitcher.

The softball team decorated signs to honor the departing senior players. Photo by Michael Gorman.

After an eight-run first inning where the Vikes went all the way through the lineup, they eased off the gas pedal, often keeping runners from advancing in situations where they could have done so easily.

For senior night, the crowd was larger than normal, and fans of all ages brought posters for the departing seniors, along with their spirit, chanting several creative and loud cheers.

“It feels amazing,” Furst said. “I couldn’t have asked for a better turnout, with all of my friends here.”

The Vikings look to continue their winning streak when they host the Rockville Rams Wednesday.