MCPS cancels bus tracking pilot app
Whitman hosts first International Night since COVID-19 pandemic
Boys lacrosse annihilates Blake 18–1
Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Softball shut out by Blair 11–0

[score id=”44182″ align=”right”]
The 4–7 girls softball team had another tough outing, falling to the Blair Blazers 11–0. The Vikes played well on defense, but couldn’t keep up with the Blazers’ explosive offense. The team hopes to improve on their batting down the stretch to eliminate these types of losses.

“I thought we played really well for five of the seven innings,” coach Anne Marie O’Donaghue said. “This season we’ve been hitting well, and today that just didn’t come together.”

The team hopes to use this loss to adapt their game plan for the rest of the season.

“Defensively, something we want to work on is cutoffs, especially if it’s a big hit, we have to learn how to properly get the ball back where it needs to be,” captain and shortstop Elena Kozak said. “Blair usually mercies us, so something we did great today was not getting down. We didn’t get down about the score, we just kept fighting.”

Reduction in errors will also be key if the Vikes are going to rebound from this loss.

“As we move on, we’re just going to have to firm up the defense a little more; make sure we don’t make silly mistakes, that’s what really cost us today.” O’Donoghue said.

The Vikes look to win their fifth game of the season when they travel to face the Wootton Patriots Wednesday.