Track and field competes against Walter Johnson and Winston Churchill
Baseball triumphs over Churchill 4–6
Girls tennis defeats Churchill; boys tennis falls
Boys volleyball falls to Northwest 3–1
Clarksburg High School junior Praneel Suvarna wins 2024-2025 SMOB election
Baseball falls to Walter Johnson 6–0: losing undefeated season

Girls lacrosse loses tight game to Sherwood 15–13

[score id=”44177″ align=”right”]
The 6–2 girls lacrosse team suffered their second loss of the season Tuesday, falling 15–13 in a tough contest against the Sherwood Warriors. Though the result didn’t go their way, the Vikes played a hard-fought game and managed to keep the game close throughout.

After the first half, the match was tied, 7–7. Midfielder and captain Maddie Parker led the attack, starting plays and moving the ball around efficiently. Midfielder Eden Gray was owning the draws, winning eight out of ten before Parker switched in.

The offense was anchored by midfielder Jenna Hosker and Gray, recording four and three goals respectively. Hosker had multiple chances in front of net, and juked out defenders with her lightning-quick moves on two of her goals.

Two lapses in concentration by the Viking defense caused easy finishes for five of the the Warriors’ first half goals. After halftime, backup goalie Claire Hisle came on for captain Hannah Tatem, but could not hold the lead. With ten minutes left in the contest, Hisle had only made three saves, but had let in five goals.

With four minutes to go, the girls were down 15–9, but didn’t go down easily.

“A positive from this game is we came out strong, up by four, so that proves we can beat a team like this,” Parker said. “In the end we never stopped fighting, we stuck with it and never gave up.”

The Vikings hope to get back into the win column when they travel to face the Walter Johnson Wildcats Thursday.