LIVE: Boys volleyball takes on Walter Johnson

Girls lacrosse outlasts Wootton 9-6

The girls lacrosse team picked up another impressive victory Wednesday, this time winning 9–6 over the Wootton Patriots. Key goals came from midfielder Eden Gray and attacker Ali Dane, while goalie Hannah Tatem held down the defensive end of the field with another rock-solid game.

[score id=”43621″ align=”right”]

After a close first half that ended 5–4, the whole team went out with their minds fully set on controlling the second half.

Gray had a standout performance with an assist and a goal. Gray also made many great plays on defense, constantly stopping opposing attackers even before they could even get close to goal.

“Our team is working on playing 100 percent through the whole game and staying intense,” midfielder and captain Maddie Parker said. “We continue to focus on our speed of play, aggressiveness, and quick counter attacks.”

Hannah Tatem Save
Goalie Hannah Tatem passes up-field after one of her numerous key saves. Photo by Michael Gorman.

In the net, Tatem had another strong game. Although she allowed six goals, she made several crucial saves and even worked upfield to join the attack.

Ali Dane had another stunning performance on attack, scoring a dagger for the Vikings with 15 seconds to go. Ali, along with the rest of the team, did a great job sharing the ball after a relatively comfortable lead had been produced, letting the clock dwindle down.

The 4–1 Lady Vikes look to continue their strong start against after spring break at Churchill.