LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in reigonal finals
The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z
Landon School hosts 70th annual Azalea Festival
Track and Field competes at county championships
Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title

May movie preview

Bored just switching channels on TV?  Can’t wait for the summer blockbusters already?  Here’s a list of upcoming movies to see with your friends:

Photo courtesy www.whollysblog.com.

Iron Man 2 (May 7): Starring Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johannson, Gwyneth Paltrow and Mickey Rourke, this action thriller follows engineer Tony Stark as he tries to keep his secret technology hidden from the government. In this sequel, Stark forges new alliances and faces his worst enemy.

Letters to Juliet (May 14): Amanda Seyfried continues her romantic drama streak with “Letters to Juliet,” where she plays Juliet, a volunteer love advice columnist in Verona, Italy.  There she forms an alliance with an older woman (Vanessa Redgrave) who seeks advice about finding her long lost love. As their friendship grows stronger, so do their love lives.

Shrek Forever After (May 21): This fourth and final installment of the Shrek series follows the ogre as he returns to the good days before he was a humble family man.  But, his journey takes a turn for the worst when he’s tricked to sign a pact with Rumpelstiltskin.  Shrek suddenly finds himself in a dark, twisted version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted and are slowly becoming extinct.  Rumpelstiltskin is the king, and Shrek and Fiona haven’t met. It’s up to Shrek to turn the world back to normal, while saving his friends and true love along the way.

Sex and the City 2 (May 27): The long awaited sequel to the blockbuster movie follows four friends as they travel to Abu Dabhi to break from their hectic lives.  With fashion, romance and hot guys abound, this movie is perfect for any teenage girl.  Don’t miss it!