Girls lacrosse dismantles Paint Branch 16-2

[score id=”43458″ align=”right”]

The girls lacrosse team conquered the Paint Branch Panthers 16–2 Wednesday at home, with key performances from goalie Hannah Tatem and midfielders Eden Gray and Hannah Ginsky.

Defensively, the Vikings stayed solid, especially during the second half after a lead had been generated. Hannah Tatem acted as the backbone of the team, making numerous significant saves, even making a save with her head. Along with the explosive play from Tatem, defenders Charly Walter and Briann O’Hara anchored the defensive end of the field, even carrying the ball up and creating offensive chances.

Midfielder Hannah Ginsky covers her Paint Branch opponent. The Vikings defense held the Panthers to just two points. Photo courtesy Shelley Dane.

As the defense locked down, midfield powerhouses Eden Gray and Hannah Ginsky combined for seven goals and three assists. Gray was constantly working, weaving through defenders and hitting the back of the net with ease. Ginsky was a monumental help for Gray and the rest of the strong Vikings team, making spectacular passes from all sides of the goal and consistently getting teammates in open areas close to the net.

On the attack, captain Ali Dane created frequent opportunities, although Gray recorded the most goals. Dane could often be heard shouting out instructions to help the Vikes overpower Paint Branch in their own third of the field.

The next game for the 2–1 Vikings is against the Wootton Patriots at home Thursday.