LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in reigonal finals
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z
Landon School hosts 70th annual Azalea Festival
Track and Field competes at county championships
Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title

Upcoming DVD releases

With the chaos of AP exams, HSAs, finals and prom, it’s time to take a break from all the stress.  And what better way to relax than to check out the newest released DVDs?

Photo courtesy www.collider.com.

Leap Year (May 4): Starring the adorable Amy Adams, the film follows Anna (Adams) as she makes an elaborate plan to propose to her boyfriend on Leap Day, an Irish tradition.  Things take a huge turn when she meets another guy on the way, who promises to change her life.

Nine (May 4): The star-studded musical turned a lot of heads with its saucy, seductive songs and dance sequences, as well as its steamy romances. The film follows an alcoholic director who is not only struggling at work, but is also caught up in a love triangle.

Crazy Heart (May 20): The film follows a legendary country singer, played by legendary actor Jeff Bridges, who is struggling with his personal as well as professional life.  But with the help of a young, optimistic journalist (Maggie Gyllenhaal), he slowly learns to open up and come to terms with himself and those around him.

Avatar (May 22): The world’s highest grossing movie, Avatar amazed audiences around the world with its groundbreaking animation and CGI effects.  The romantic adventure follows American marine Jake Scully (Sam Worthington) who falls in love with a humanoid Neyitri (Zoe Saldana), a native of the land he spies on so that corporate figurehead Parker Selfridge can go through with plans of driving them off in order to mine for precious material scattered throughout their land.   Hopefully, viewers can enjoy the same drama and excitement in the comfort of their own home.

It’s Complicated (May 27): Starring Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, this romantic comedy follows Jane (Streep), as she finds herself caught in a love triangle with her architect and her ex-husband, who is now married to their former mistress. If you love cheesy romance, funny twists or both, be sure to purchase this DVD the moment it hits stores!