Boys basketball powers through Poolesville 71-40

After a relatively slow start, the boys basketball team ran past Poolesville (1-12) en route to a 71-40 victory.

The Vikings, now 7-7 on the season, trailed 16-14 after the first quarter, but rallied to outscore the Falcons 24-7 in the second quarter and took a commanding lead.

“Poolesville likes to slow the game down, so we pressured the ball and tried to create turnovers,” guard Abe Kuhn said. “We capitalized off of their turnovers, and once we had a comfortable lead we packed it in man-to-man.”

Forward Shaq Diboti-Lobe led the way for the Vikes, tallying 20 points, four steals, and three assists.

Every Viking player scored in the game, with five of them registering seven or more points.

Moving the ball around helped the Vikes find open shots, as they hit eight threes and had 17 assists in the win.

“Our goal is to get the second seed for playoffs,” Kuhn said. “We have big games against WJ and Churchill this week.”

The Vikes will look to take advantage of their match ups with WJ and Churchill next week, as those two teams have a combined two wins throughout the entire season.