The best movies to watch to study for your AP history exam
A guide to the May 14th Primary Elections
HVAC system malfunction causes evacuation, disrupts student testing
Girls lacrosse falls to Sherwood 10–9 in county championships
Whitman ranked second-best high school in Maryland, 139th nationally
Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Hot start helps boys basketball defeat Paint Branch 69-62

When the boys basketball team stepped on the court against the Paint Branch Panthers, it seemed like they couldn’t miss.  They went on to win the game 69-62.

The Vikes started 6-6 from three-point range en route to a 25-13 lead after the first quarter.

Although they cooled off as the game went on, their hot start was enough to propel them to the win.

The Panthers outscored the Vikings by three in the second half, but the Vikes were able to close out the game in the waning minutes, something they have struggled to do thus far in the season.

“We executed down the stretch,” guard Justin Kay said. “We’ve significantly improved our ball movement and we hit our free throws, which allowed us to close out the game.”

After a few relatively quiet games, center Anton Casey had a big night. He scored 15 points and had 12 rebounds, giving the Vikes a dominant force down low.

Guards Hannes Koglenik and Riley Shaver combined to hit five threes, posting 12 and 19 points respectively.

The 6-6 Vikings will look for their third straight win this Friday when they take on the 10-2 Quince Orchard Cougers.

“Our main key moving forward is to continue improving on the defensive end,” Kay said. “This will help us in closing out games.”