Boys lacrosse falls to Sherwood 12–9
Girls lacrosse suffers first loss of the season to Sherwood 16–11

Football team suffers second straight loss, falls to Richard Montgomery 31-20

The football team dropped to 2-3 on the season after falling to Richard Montgomery 31-20 Thursday. The Vikings struggled to contain the Rocket’s rushing attack, which proved to be the difference in the game.

Running back Jacob Pitsenberger follows a block in the open field against Richard Montgomery. Photo courtesy Chris Hanessian.

The Vikes allowed 263 yards and four touchdowns on the ground, including a 53-yard touchdown in the third quarter which made it a two-possession game.

Running back Jacob Pitsenberger rushed for 107 yards and a touchdown, and receiver Nolan Hanessian had four catches for 110 yards and two touchdowns.

After scoring a touchdown on the opening possession of the game, the Vikings were outscored 24-7 over the rest of the first half and they trailed 24-14 at halftime.

“It was a disappointing game,” receiver Alex Hilsenrath said. “We missed a bunch of opportunities, and RM took advantage of that.”

Quarterback Evan Smith was 15-26, throwing for 225 yards, with two touchdowns and one interception.

The Vikings will have to solve their defensive issues quickly, as they take on the 5-1 Damasucs Hornets next week.