Softball falls to Walter Johnson 7–4 in regional finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Blair in state quarterfinals
Bomb threat prompts evacuation of Walt Whitman High School
Girls lacrosse destroys Montgomery Blair 20–3 instate quarter-finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in regional finals
The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend

Black & White and Shorts enter into partnership

The Black & White Online will be partnering with Whitman Shorts in an effort to create a platform for broadcast journalism outside of Shorts’ monthly episode effective this week.

The Black & White Online will be posting Shorts-produced reels that won’t air during the school-wide broadcast. Through collaboration, both news organizations hope to avoid reporting the same stories.

“The main goal is to branch out and work with the Black & White, and not try to steal stories or try to one up each other, just try to make more of a cohesive community,” Shorts advisor Geoffrey Schaefer said.

Shorts and the Black & White’s multimedia team will work together by sharing footage and diversifying the way the community gets news.

By posting videos online, Shorts can report events in a more timely fashion, without having to wait for the next episode’s air date.

“We only have 22 minutes and we can’t fit all stories in that 22 minutes,” Shorts staff member Kaelyn Petrides said. “We also want to cover more current events.”