Girls lacrosse thrashes Clarksburg 20-7

The girls lacrosse team celebrated senior night with a 20-7 thrashing of the Clarksburg Coyotes, boosting their record to 9-2 on the season.

Seniors Annabelle Scully, Josie Schwartz, Kendall Wiss, Peyton Glagola, Katie Choppin, Kit Philleo, and Lily Blum were honored before the game, walking out with their parents through a line of teammates.

According to Choppin, a three year varsity player, the night culminated her season and career.

“It was so special to me because it marked an amazing athletic career at Whitman,” she said. “Senior night let me commemorate such an great season with some amazing people.”

The girls lacrosse team lines up for their senior night before a 20-7 win over Clarksburg.  Photo courtesy Caleb Friedman.
The girls lacrosse team lines up for their senior night before a 20-7 win over Clarksburg. Photo courtesy Caleb Friedman.

The Vikings never trailed in the game, dominating in all facets. Controlling face-offs and ground balls helped them race out to an early 11-3 lead at halftime, before cruising to victory in the second half.

The balanced Viking attack was too much for the Coyotes to handle, as 10 different players scored in the outing. Juniors Maddie Parker and Ali Dane led the way, combining for nine goals.

The Lady Vikes will try to extend their winning streak to four when they take on the 3-7 Seneca Valley Eagles in their regular season finale this Monday.