The Black & White’s analysis of the Washington Commanders 2024 NFL draft
The Black & White’s top 2024 Met Gala outfits
The evolution of tipping culture
Baseball advances to regional finals after beating Churchill 2–1
The best movies to watch to study for your AP history exam
A guide to the May 14th Primary Elections

Spring into these fun activites over break

Whether or not spring break marks a well-deserved vacation after a brutal third quarter or just a continuation of second semester senioritis, make the most of it with these exciting D.C. adventures.

Performances

For those who want to relive bRave, electronic music producer Dillon Francis will perform on March 25 at the U Street Music Hall. Francis has gained popularity in the electronic dance community, collaborating with well-known artists such as Steve Aoki and Calvin Harris. Tickets cost $20 and can be purchased at 930.com.

If you’re looking for something a little more classical, the renowned New York City ballet is performing at the Kennedy Center from March 26 to 31. The ballet is known for its speed and musicality. Tickets range from $25 to $89 and can be purchased on the Kennedy Center’s website.

The famous Ringling Brothers also perform March 21 to 24 at the Verizon Center. The dragon-themed performance will feature a variety of clowns, dancers and martial arts experts and has received rave reviews all across the country. Tickets are currently on sale.

Sports

Although there’s constant debate over which teams will make it to the Final Four, experience the full craze of March Madness this year by attending games in the East Region,  a division that includes powerhouse teams like Indiana and Miami. The Verizon Center will host the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games of the East Region. Tickets can be bought online, but the popularity of the event is reflected in its price: tickets range from $200 to $7,000.

The Washington Nationals will also kick off their season against the Florida Marlins April 1, marking the beginning of sophomore sensation Bryce Harper’s first full year with the Nats. The team will attempt to defend its NL East title and are arguably the favorites to win the World Series. For more information on their upcoming season, look for Nathaniel Sherman’s preseason article.

Exhibits

For a more relaxing and cultural experience, visit the Hirshhorn museum or the National Gallery of Art. At the Hirshhorn, the “Out of the Ordinary” exhibit is a showcase of commonplace items with modern and surreal twists. It contains artwork ranging from pieces as odd as an oversized stick of butter to as serious as a closed off storefront. The display began in early February and will continue until May 19. Admission to the Hirshhorn is free.

But D.C. museums will offer less contemporary art over Spring Break too. The National Gallery of Art features “Faking It: Manipulated Photography before Photoshop.” It explores a variety of modified photographs to demonstrate that photography can sometimes be deceitful. The display began Feb. 17 and will continue until May 5. Admission is free.