Boys, boys, boys: Guy Auction Guide

Looking for a date? You can buy your guy — and fight cancer — at the SGA’s third annual Guy Auction to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

In preparation for the event Feb. 9 at 7 p.m., the Black & White has your ultimate guide to the guys and their dates. Ratings were developed after interviewing a focus group of freshmen to seniors and are based on how fun and original the dates are, as well as the potential for a second date.

Senior Stephen Rodan charms bidders at last year's Guy Auction. He's back again this year, along with many other guys, to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Photo by Billy Bird.

Stephen Rodan and Sam Woodbury: Cirque du Soleil

If you find yourself in a bind trying to win these boys on Thursday night, be flexible and just keep bidding higher. These senior swimmers want to take you to the trippiest show on Earth, so take advantage of the opportunity.

Rating: 10/10 because this idea is truly original, plus Cirque du Soleil always puts on an unforgettable show.

Thomas Colton and Nathan Golightly: dinner and a bonfire on the Potomac

Whitman’s signature Mormons are stormin’ right into your heart. A night out on the Potomac with these boys, and you’ll be coming back for s’more.

Rating: 7/10 because a bonfire can be a lot of fun, but it’s not the most original date.

Jeff Schaeffer, Kyle Einwaechter and Yasha Taginya: Six Flags

Keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times on this date. Get ready to ride Superman, Batwing and the Mind Eraser with these three football players — and if coasters aren’t your thing, there are always the teacups.

Rating: 6/10 because while it could be fun, its hardly a groundbreaking idea. They do deserve some bonus points, however, because this might be one of the most expensive dates.

Mickey Hartz and Luke Graves: dinner and bowling

If you’ve got money to spare, these bachelors will bowl you over with a night of romance and ol’ fashioned ten-pin.

Rating: 6/10 because while it sounds fun, we’d expect a more unusual date from these two funnymen.  

David Jones and Matt Bruns: dinner

Let these seniors boys wine and dine you — well, minus the wine  — with a simple night out to dinner. You can’t put a price on good company.

Rating: 5/10 because the date seriously lacks originality, but good food is always appreciated. Let’s just hope they pick the right restaurant.

Joe Lilek and Jay Besch: dinner and a show at Arena Stage

The stars of the upcoming play Frankenstein want to take you out for a night of food and theater. If you bid high enough, Joe might even let you touch his shaved head. Maybe.

Rating: 8/10 because it’s a perfect choice for girls who love theater.

Sam Harman: thrifting and lunch

Tired of the same old clothes? Buy more old clothes at some of the area’s best resale shops on this date, coached by a true thrifting pro.

Rating: 8/10 because this date will be interesting and could even help you discover your inner hipster.

Senior Solomon Parker works the stage at last year's Guy Auction. He's back again this year, but this time, he's bringing a secret weapon: his nephew. Photo by Billy Bird.

Solomon Parker: National Zoo with Solomon and his nephew

What could be cuter than baby pandas? We’re not sure, but Solomon — and his nephew — may give them a run for their money. For once, you’ll be paying to babysit.

Rating: 8/10 because the zoo’s fun at any age.

Gabe Slesinger: hike and lunch

This musical senior is ready to swap his signature trumpet for hiking boots on a romantic date in the woods. There’s no question: if you don’t get lost in the woods, you’ll at least get lost in his eyes.

Rating: 9/10 because the hike is a cute idea and offers plenty of time to get to know each other.

Alex Triay and Ryan Craig: dinner and a college lacrosse game

Want to know who The X is? Never heard of a restraining line? Add more words to your laxicon with a fun afternoon with two varsity lax bros.

Rating: 7/10 because these boys know a lot about lacrosse, and a good game is always fun.

Ari Kapner, Andrew Feder and Adam Bloom: Shabaat dinner

Challah at these bachelors, who are offering the perennial “Jewish Boy Package.” What’s not to love about matzo ball soup and kugel?

Rating: 9/10 because three Jewish boys are better than one.

Marius Harnischfeger, Emile Kaldany and Ryan Davison: rock-climbing and dinner

Head to an indoor climbing facility with these three seniors because this date rocks. If you can trust a man to belay you, you can trust him with your heart.

Rating: 7/10 because rock-climbing will make for a fun and active date.

Ben Page and Zac Kramer: King’s Dominion

This date is sure to be as thrilling as the Intimidator 305, which plunges 300 feet on its first drop. Maybe skip lunch until after the ride?

Rating: 8/10 because this may not be a new idea, but it definitely will be a lot of fun.

Ryan McGill: Tiger Woods Gold Tournament at Congressional

Putt your money where your mouth is and bid for an afternoon at Congressional, because nothing about this date will be sub par.

Rating: 8/10 because this date is perfect for golfers and girls who love wearing polos.

Senior Michael Flack put on a show at last year's Guy Auction, and he'll do it again this year. This time, he and senior Josh Biel are offering a Sweetgreen date. Photo by Billy Bird.

Josh Biel and Michael Flack: Sweetgreen

Not only will these two football players take you out to Sweetgreen, but they also have sweet flow — they’ll be rapping for Talent Show this year. Bid high for these multi-talented guys.

Rating: 4/10 because this date could be fun, but it’s a pretty cheap date.

Brent Kreutzberg and Patrick Scordato: Cici’s and Shadowland

Get into combat mode at Shadowland with this junior-senior pair. The competitive nature encourages flirtation, and you’ll have fun coming up with nicknames for your scorecard.

Rating: 6/10 because although Shadowland is awesome, Cici’s is mediocre at best.

Aidan Neustadtl and Dustin Gray: ice skating

It may be 50 degrees outside, but these hockey players play it cool at Cabin John Ice Rink. Check out this date and put down the money for a romantic date on the ice.

Rating: 10/10 because this date will be a good time, regardless of your prior skating experience.

Jacob Rosenblum: a gluten-free tour of D.C.

Get political in D.C. with the president himself — of the junior class, that is. Flour is overrated anyways.

Rating: 8/10 because gluten-free food is healthy and tasty, and it’s always good to get out of Bethesda for an afternoon.

Daniel Lowet, Michael Yang and Andrew Castagnetti: WMZQ

This date is perfect for girls who love 98.7 and cowboy boots. The boys of baseball will make this country concert one to remember.

Rating: 6/10 because country music definitely isn’t for everyone.

Patrick Hisle and Liam Hatch: dinner and a Wizards game

An evening with these new kids is sure to be a slam dunk. A night at the Verizon Center is always fun, so don’t pass this up. Who cares if the Wizards aren’t the best in the league? These guys are.

Rating: 7/10 because this is a great option for girls looking for a traditional dinner and an action-packed night out.

Nick Crane, Maximo Losada Radley and Nick Bode: putt-putt golf

Shell out the green for a night on the green with these three juniors. With a stroke of luck, you’ll be off to the mini golf course in no time.

Rating: 8/10 because putt-putt golf lets you be playfully competitive, and it’s low key.

Nick Holden: outdoor rock-climbing

An afternoon with this junior will drive you up the wall, but that’s usually a good thing when you’re rock-climbing. Harness the power of money and bid this boy up.

Rating: 8/10 because this date will be a great time for adventurous girls.

Andrew Elman: dinner under the cherry blossoms

Tourists flock from all over the world to see D.C.’s beautiful cherry blossoms, so head downtown and watch the romance bloom before your eyes. Possibly not the best date for those with pollen allergies.

Rating: 9/10 because its cute and the blossoms are very picturesque.

Lucas Karron, Ben James, Aaron Gordon and Colin Rankin: Nationals game

As they so frequently tell us, they “run this,” they’ve got their “swagger back,” and they like to “get busy.” These drumline boys might even be able to make baseball interesting, which is no easy task.

Rating: 9/10 because the most spirited guys at Whitman are sure to hit this date out of the park.