LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in reigonal finals
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z
Landon School hosts 70th annual Azalea Festival
Track and Field competes at county championships
Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title

Places to go for designer vintage clothing

Check out Annie Cream Cheese for vintage designer clothing. Photo courtesy of anniecreamcheese.com.

Buying new clothes is so 2009; vintage clothes are all the rage.  The following boutiques will provide you with a mix of old and new clothing at any price.

Annie Cream Cheese, 3279 M Street NW:

Annie Cream Cheese offers a wide variety of eclectic and stylish clothing, all packed into one small basement.  One side of the store displays used clothing while the other carries designer wear from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.  Famous labels include Betsey Johnson, Diane von Furstenburg and Emilio Pucci.  The store also has a wide array of fun accessories, from colorful, gaudy jewelry to princess gloves and ridiculous wigs.  With relatively low prices and a plethora of designer labels to choose from, Annie Cream Cheese is the perfect place to find a chic, original cocktail or prom dress that you can be sure no one else will have.

Click here to check out the store’s online collection.

Remix, 645 Pennsylvania Avenue SE:

When you first enter the store, Remix seems too small to sell vintage clothing.  Walk through the store, and you’ll see that it actually has three rooms: one for clothing, one for furniture and the last for designer wear.  In the main clothing area, you’ll find beautiful beaded cocktail dresses ranging from $50 to $100 that match the evening bags available.  Deeper into the store are shiny taffeta prom dresses from the 80s, elegant furs and a rack of suede and leather skirts for under $40. Although the designer section is invitation-only to avoid theft, everyone can enjoy exploring the furniture section, which is home to antique plates, retro clocks and even an Elvis lamp.  The store is great for people with a smaller budget.

Inga’s Once Is Not Enough, 4830 MacArthur Boulevard NW:

Inga’s, owned by an ex-fashion consultant for Fox Broadcasting Company, is overwhelming even to the fashion fanatic.  The store, which is packed with racks of clothing, resembles a consignment store rather than a vintage designer boutique.  However, just looking at a price tag will prove that Inga’s can hardly compare to Second Time Around.  The list of designers carried at Inga’s is almost endless: Dior, Chanel, Prada and Dolce and Gabbana are just a few among the big-name labels.  Inga’s has an entire wall devoted to vintage Manolo Blahnik shoes, marked down from $600 to $180.  The amiable owner will be happy to help you sift through the clothing to find what you are looking for, like the perfect Tory Burch dress.  Inga’s is a rare find, but you need a wider wallet if you want to shop here.