LIVE: Boys volleyball takes on Poolesville in second round of playoffs
Boys volleyball stuns Springbrook 3–0

Beatles vinyl goes digital through iTunes

After years of frustration, Beatles fans of the digital generation can now buy the band’s complete discography on iTunes after Apple Corps, the band’s corporation, relented its stance against publishing music online.  

In a press statement released Nov. 16, parties including Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Steve Jobs expressed excitement in the Beatles’ foray into digital downloads.

In a press release, Paul McCartney said that he’s happy to see  continued enthusiasm for Beatles’ music in the digital age, when the original recordings were released on vinyl.

iTunes will sell the albums for $12.99, while double albums will cost $19.99 and individual songs will go for  the standard $1.29 price of well-known songs.  If die-hard fans want to splurge this holiday season, iTunes offers the complete box set for $149.00.

“I’m really happy about the fact that iTunes finally recognizes one of the most influential amazing bands ever,” junior Jessica Chen said.

iTunes also offers a free stream of a 1964 Washington Coliseum concert, as well as ads for their digital downloads.  Each full album purchase includes a documentary on the particular recording.