Infographic: speech and debate national tournaments

By Mira Dwyer

Graphic by Mira Dwyer.

The following students qualified for the Tournament of Champions:

Public Forum (gold): seniors Elisa McCartin and Rabhya Mehrotra, seniors Nick Rychlik and Benjamin Tutt, juniors Danielle Hazan and Katherine Sylvester, and juniors Hannah Feuer and Liz Hepburn.

Public Forum (silver): juniors Zoe Kaufmann and Azraf Khan, and juniors Rohit Gude and Ethan Gilman.

Lincoln Douglas: senior Camille Caldera and junior Daniel Harris

Speech: junior Eva Herscowitz, senior Valerie Akinyoyenu, junior Tina Xia, and junior Lindsay Keiser

The following students qualified for NSDA:

Public Forum: seniors Nick Rychlik and Ben Tutt, seniors Elisa McCartin and Rabhya Mehrotra, and juniors Liz Hepburn and Hannah Feuer.

Speech: senior Valerie Akinyoyenu, junior Tine Xia, senior Kyra Du and senior Iris Berendes-Dean.

The following students qualified for NCFLs:

Public Forum: juniors Danielle Hazan and Katherine Sylvester, and seniors Nick Rychlik and Ben Tutt.

Lincoln Douglas: junior Ivy Xun, junior Jacqueline Lydon and freshman Ben Waldman

Speech: sophomore Dana Hernstadt, sophomore Joseph Ferarri, junior Audra Fried, junior Eva Herscowitz and junior Lindsay Keiser.

Congress: senior Amy Nankin, senior Ray Crist, freshman Lucy Goldberg, sophomore Meera Dahiya

About the Writer
Mira Dwyer, News Writer
Grade: 11   Interests: Soccer, track, DECA, journalism Why did you join the Black & White? When I was younger, I heard about the Black & White and became instantly intrigued in journalism. My interest grew and eventually led me to the journalism class last year where I learned the importance of honest reporting, clear writing...