Baseball falls to BCC 7–3 in the ultimate Battle of Bethesda
Boys volleyball falls to Walter Johnson 3–1
MCPS cancels bus tracking pilot app
Whitman hosts first International Night since COVID-19 pandemic
Boys lacrosse annihilates Blake 18–1
Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

The foodie awards: Best brunch places

The greatest meal of the day is a perfect combination of breakfast sweets and hearty lunches: brunch. It’s a meal so sacred it can only be appreciated late in the morning on the weekends, after everyone has gotten a full twelve hours of sleep. These are the three greatest local places to grab brunch.

Photo courtesy originalpancakehouse.com.

The Original Pancake House:
A Bethesda classic, The Original Pancake House offers more pancake possibilities than you could possibly imagine. From pancakes stuffed with bits of bacon to light and fluffy banana pancakes, the variety offered here makes it the perfect brunch location for everyone. Watch out for the lines, though: the wait to eat on some mornings can be as long as an hour.

Located on Woodmont Ave, The Original Pancake House is open Monday to Sunday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Bread and Chocolate:

This small café in Chevy Chase is a Mecca for all things made of bread and chocolate, and honestly, what more could you want for brunch? Their brunch menu is full of specialties like salmon eggs benedict and apple pfannkuchen. After brunch, the front of the café holds a case full of decadent tarts and chocolate pastries for a quick breakfast treat. If that isn’t enough chocolate, they also offer chocolate fondue served with fresh fruit and their homemade teacakes.

Located on Connecticut Ave, Bread and Chocolate is open Monday to Wednesday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Founding Farmers:

Founding Fathers prides itself on using locally-grown produce in its food. The restaurant serves a delicious brunch on weekend mornings. Photo courtesy wearefoundingfarmers.com.

Founding Farmers restaurants pride themselves on their use of locally grown food and produce. For Inauguration and Martin Luther King Jr. Day, they offer a holiday Monday brunch from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Their brunch menu is full of hearty omelets and eggs benedicts made with fresh eggs and seasonal vegetables. A homemade soda and an order of their biscuits served with sea-salted honey butter are must-have additions to any dish.

Located on Park Potomac Ave, Founding Farmers serves brunch Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.