Girls softball falls to BCC 8–1 in Battle of Bethesda
Boys lacrosse outlasts crosstown rival BCC 11–6
Girls lacrosse destroys B-CC 12–3 in the ultimate Battle of Bethesda
“Russia not only destroys our houses, but also our families”: A Q&A with Ukraine’s abducted children
MCPS grading regulations impair student performance
LIVE: Boys Lacrosse takes on Churchill

LIVE: Boys Lacrosse takes on Churchill

National News Roundup: Pentagon, Photoshop and PBS

In this edition of the National News Roundup, controversy ensues after Congress releases a photoshopped photo, the US premiere of “Downton Abbey” receives great ratings and NHL players reach an agreement and end the lockout.

Obama picks new Defense Secretary
Republican Chuck Hagel, a former U.S. senator from Nebraska, would succeed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. Read more here

More tragedy in Aurora: Three people and a gunman dead
According to local authorities, four people were killed after a police standoff. Aurora was the scene of a mass-shooting in a movie theatre this summer while people watched “The Dark Night Rises.”  Read more here.

Photoshop Scandal: Anger after four Congresswomen digitally inserted into group photo
After the latecomers to the photo were photoshopped in, some argued that a manipulation of such an important photo was unethical. Read more here.

‘Downton Abbey’ premieres a new season with success
The popular British show aired on PBS’ Masterpiece Theater Monday night. A period drama, the show has garnered the attention of audiences worldwide. Watch a report here.

NHL lockout finally over, Fans rejoice
On Sunday, the NHL and NHL Players Association came to an agreement with a 10-year collective bargaining agreement. Local hockey fans rejoiced after the 113-day lockout was finally over.  Read more here.