Boys volleyball takes down Seneca Valley 3–1

Pinkberry opens fifth D.C. location in Georgetown

Over 700 “berry” excited customers showed up to the Dec. 22 grand opening of the latest frozen yogurt chain to hit the nation’s capitol: Pinkberry.

A employee at the new Georgetown Pinkberry scoops some frozen yogurt Dec. 22 at the store's grand opening. Customers at the event received free samples. Photo by Liam Knox.

The Georgetown Pinkberry, the fifth location to open in the D.C. area in the past year, gave away free frozen yogurt to everyone at the grand opening.

“It’s been a very successful grand opening,” said Audrey Matthias, the Pinkberry regional marketing director. “We’re glad so many people came.”

Pinkberry kicked off the American frozen yogurt craze six years ago when two entrepreneurs opened the first store in California in 2005. Now, there are over 100 locations worldwide, and the chain plans to expand even further to meet customer demand.

“Marketing here has been great,” Matthias said. “We’ve found that a lot of people have heard about it because they’ve seen it in New York or California, or even on some TV shows like ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ and ‘Gossip Girl.’”

Many frozen yogurt fans in the area are excited to have yet another dessert option nearby.

“When it comes to frozen yogurt, Pinkberry is definitely the place to go,” junior Aurin Chakravarty said.