Track and field competes against Walter Johnson and Winston Churchill
Baseball triumphs over Churchill 4–6
Girls tennis defeats Churchill; boys tennis falls
Boys volleyball falls to Northwest 3–1
Clarksburg High School junior Praneel Suvarna wins 2024-2025 SMOB election
Baseball falls to Walter Johnson 6–0: losing undefeated season

Girls soccer defeated by third ranked Barons

Girls soccer fell to cross-town rival Bethesda Chevy-Chase Barons 4-0 on Oct 21 in a match that was closer than the final score.

BCC, ranked third in the Washington Post standings, were heavy favorites but when the game began the Vikes took control early and maintained possession with long sequences of passing. However, they were not able to find the back of the net to take a lead.

Forwards Lucy Arledge and Kat Barth attempted to connect up top but the Barons stingy defense came through in the clutch.

The half ended with the Lady Vikes and Barons deadlocked at zero, with the Vikes confident for a second half upset.

As the second half began, the Vikes looked to continue their patent possession offense but were met by a BCC defender every time. After wearing down the Vikes, a BCC midfielder ripped a shot from outside the goalie box and beat goalie Hannah Sasscer.

After breaking the tension with their first goal, the Lady Barons continued to pressure the Vikings defense and eventually broke through and buried another goal to extend their lead to 2-0.

Even though the Lady Vikes were down two goals, they continued to play hard and look for openings in defensive gaps but could not develop a counter against the defense.

Next, the Barons scored another goal on a controversial play when Sasscer got tackled by an opposing player, thus knocking her over and taping in an easy goal.

BCC eventually scored their final goal off a corner kick which was deflected by a Whitman defender.

The Vikes remained determined and played hard in the final minutes even though they were down four goals.

The Vikes look to rebound on their current three game-losing streaks on senior night, Oct 26, against a tough Eleanor Roosevelt squad.