LIVE: Boys volleyball takes on Walter Johnson
Track and field competes against Walter Johnson and Winston Churchill
Baseball triumphs over Churchill 4–6
Girls tennis defeats Churchill; boys tennis falls
Boys volleyball falls to Northwest 3–1
Clarksburg High School junior Praneel Suvarna wins 2024-2025 SMOB election

Parking lot optimization strategem

The tangled parking lot is a knot easily fixed. I admit that I don’t have a formal education or qualifications whatsoever in understanding traffic flow dynamics, but the obnoxiously long wait to enter the lot every morning drove me to do some research.

Traffic flow is much like the flow of liquid, traffic circles reduce vehicle delays by 62 to 74 percent, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and that UPS creates routes that maximize right turns because they’re most efficient. With this in mind I made a new traffic flow design for the parking lot. Essentially, this model makes every turn inside the parking lot a right turn and moves the parent queue line away from entering students.

The model more than doubles the length of the parent queue, preventing parents from going in the parking lanes, a problem that contributes considerably to the exit-time congestion. If this system is enacted, fewer students will be late due to long lines to get into the parking lot; you could even say more students will start their day the right way.