MCPS cancels bus tracking pilot app
Whitman hosts first International Night since COVID-19 pandemic
Boys lacrosse annihilates Blake 18–1
Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Blake 17–2

Take a mental break, check out some upcoming movies

Stressed out from all the back-to-school rigor? Take a break and relax with these upcoming movies:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs- PG (9/18):

Click here to watch the trailer.

Starring the voices of Bill Hader, Anna Faris, Andy Samberg, Mr. T and Tracy Morgan, the movie centers around young failing inventor Flint Lockwood (Hader) who’s latest invention could put his whole town in a deep pool of Jell-O. Based on the famous children’s book by Ron and Judi Barrett, the film follows Lockwood and his TV reporter girlfriend Sam (Faris) as they learn to get used to the sudden change and new-found fame they have brought to their small town.

Jennifer’s Body-R (9/18):

Click here to watch the trailer.

Possibly the most anticipated movie this month, the film centers around high school hottie Jennifer (Megan Fox), who seeks revenge from mean boys in her own special way. The film co-stars Amanda Seyfried and Adam Brody, and boasts an impressive soundtrack featuring artists like Hayley Williams, Panic at the Disco, Cobra Starship and more.

Splice-R (9/18):

Adrian Brody stars in the film about two genetic scientists who are celebrating their success in creating one of the most remarkable human hybrids of all time…until it threatens to wipe out the rest of the human population.

The Informant-R (9/18):

Click here to watch the trailer.

Based on a true story, the comedy follows Mark Whitacre (Matt Damon) who exposes his employers at Archer Daniels Midland’s price-fixing conspiracy to the FBI. The FBI sends him out as a spy, leading Whitacre to believe that he will one day become a national hero.  However, it becomes difficult for the FBI to distinguish whether Whitacre is actually telling the truth or if he’s just another tattle-tale.

Capitalism: A Love Story- Not Yet Rated (9/23):

Click here to watch the trailer.

Infamous documenter Michael Moore explores the causes of the current economic crisis, which he believes has been brought on by the big corporate businesses dominating the country.  Moore takes us everywhere, from small town middle class homes, to the large corporate office buildings, all while adding in his signature dry wit and humor.

Coco Before Chanel- PG 13 (9/25):

Click here to watch the trailer.

Audrey Tatou stars as the orphan Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel, who later became one of the greatest role models for headstrong, independent women.  The film chronicles her life before she achieved this fame, focusing on how she turned herself into one of the most celebrated women in history.

Fame- Not Yet Rated (9/25):

Click here to watch the trailer.

A remake of the original Academy Award- winning musical, the film follows a talented group of NYC High School of Performing Arts students as they conquer the stressful world of schoolwork, friendships, romance, competition and self- discovery.

Pandorum- Not Yet Rated (9/25):

Click here to watch the trailer.

Dennis Quaid and Cam Gigandet co-star in this fast-paced action adventure about two astronauts fighting for their lives in the middle of outer space. The movie begins with the astronauts waking up in a seemingly vacant spacecraft, without any memory of the past. But as they delve deeper and deeper into the space craft, they slowly uncover the disturbing truths about their surroundings and the dangers that may be lurking nearby.

Surrogates- PG 13 (9/25):

Click here to watch the trailer.

Bruce Willis plays FBI agent Greer who lives in a world where perfect robotic surrogates live perfect robotic lives for humans, who meanwhile stay sheltered in the comfort of their own homes. This seemingly unmarred life is suddenly shattered when a murder shakes up the entire town. Agent Greer must now sacrifice his own life to solve the mystery of these “flawless” surrogates.