The power of interior design in schools
Whitman hosts first LASJ Social Justice Fair on April 13
Baseball narrowly defeats Churchill 10–9
Track impresses at Northern Virginia Invitationals
Boys and girls tennis competes against Wooton in fifth match of the season
Girls lacrosse demolishes Wheaton 19–2

Girls lacrosse demolishes Wheaton 19–2

Foodie Awards: Best burger

Now that the final days of school are upon us, everyone is ready to start celebrating the summer. As the nights of bonfires and days spent at music festivals begin, here’s a list of places that make a perfect summer hamburger to grab before you head to the pool.

BGR: The Burger Joint

BGR blows Tastee’s and Five Guys away with their best burger, fries and milkshake combo. BGR’s attention to detail in their special sauces and quality ingredients make each meal a unique experience. Their burgers are award-winning: the Greek burger won a Food Network “Throwdown with Bobby Flay.”

Located on Fairmont Avenue, BGR is open from Sunday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Hamburger Hamlet

This is a slightly classier establishment than BGR, but it’s in WJ territory, so watch your back. Here, you can get a hickory burger, which is a twist on the traditional cheeseburger – it has onion rings, BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese.

Located on Old Georgetown Road, it’s open 24/7.

Shake Shack

For a burger restaurant, Shake Shack has a surprisingly wide selection of other food as well. The specialty hot dogs include sausages with apple or tomato-simmered onions. They also have a vegetarian mushroom burger topped with muenster and cheddar cheese. For dessert, pick up a frozen custard concrete or a hand-spun shake. With flavors ranging from chocolate and peanut butter to key lime pie, there’s a treat for every sweet tooth.

Shake Shack is on Dupont circle, 18th street NW and is open Sunday to Thursday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.