Track and field competes against Walter Johnson and Winston Churchill
Baseball triumphs over Churchill 4–6
Girls tennis defeats Churchill; boys tennis falls
Boys volleyball falls to Northwest 3–1
Clarksburg High School junior Praneel Suvarna wins 2024-2025 SMOB election
Baseball falls to Walter Johnson 6–0: losing undefeated season

Senior named Extraordinary Teen by Bethesda Magazine

Senior Natalie Kra was among 12 high school students who won Bethesda Magazine’s Extraordinary Teen award in recognition of her strong interest and commitment to animal advocacy and environmental work.

Senior Natalie Kra poses with her pet lizard Ozwald for Bethesda Magazine. Photo courtesy Natalie Kra.

Kra, 17, who has been a vegetarian since she was in elementary school, was pictured in Bethesda Magazine holding her pet bearded dragon Oswald on her shoulder. She said she was excited and honored to be chosen for the award.

“I am glad that others now know another side of me; the animal advocate,” Kra said. “I hope that this is the first of many steps I take towards bettering the environment and spreading my environmental concern and love.”

Social studies teacher Courtney Osbourne nominated her for the award. Kra, who took AP Environmental Science last year, also takes AP Biology.

Before Kra’s selection as an extraordinary teen, she did three interviews with a Bethesda Magazine writer.

“They were actually kind of fun,” Kra said. “I just got to talk about what I am passionate about so it was fairly easy, since I think and talk about these things all the time.”