The “not milk” generation: How Gen Z prompted milk’s rebrand
A piece of our history: A look into the Montgomery Farm Women’s Co-operative Market
LIVE: Baseball takes on Richard Montgomery in home opener
Coach Manon achieves 200 wins and state championship in a thrilling wrestling season
Overtime Elite: A new wave of professional basketball
Proposed bill will guarantee top 10% of Maryland students to 12 Maryland universities

March 21, 2024

Boys lacrosse falls to rival Churchill in close 11-9 defeat

The boys lacrosse team lost to the 5-1 Churchill Bulldogs in a tough 11-9 decision April 13, making its record 3-2.

The Bulldogs opened the game with three straight goals, but the Vikings were able to match their intensity and go on a scoring run of their own. At halftime, the game was tied 5-5. Heading into the fourth quarter, the two teams were still neck and neck.

The Vikings looked to finally assume the lead with a shot by attack Trevor Hains that bounced off the inside pipe. However, the referees nullified the goal, keeping the score tied.

Goals were scored by attacks Trevor Hains, Christian Sanson and Connor Bevirt, and midfielders Ryan Craig and Dustin Gray.

Although they lost, the players got a lot of confidence from this game.

“They were the eighth best team in the state and first best in the county,” midfielder Andrew Bick said. “Nobody had kept it remotely close with them so far. The score definitely should have been at least 11-10, and we look forward to playing them again.”

The boys look to bounce back from the defeat when they travel to face the 4-4 Wootton Patriots April 18.