Boys lacrosse dominates Poolesville 18–3
Softball survives Seneca Valley 9-7
Girls lacrosse crushes Poolesville 19–4
Fashion isn’t just clothes: It’s a canvas

Swim team comes in close second at relay carnival

On Jan. 9, the swim team took on their five other Division I opponents at relay carnival. 

In a meet that featured multiple record-breaking relays, defending girls Metros champion Churchill edged out Whitman, 68-65.  Wotton finished third with 46 points followed by Walter Johnson with 45 points, Bethesda Chevy-Chase with 32 points and Richard Montgomery rounded out the bottom with 30 points. 

In the 200 butterfly, seniors Lauren Poore and Danielle Schulkin as well as freshmen Charlotte Meyer and Audrey Gould set a new MCPS record with a time of 1:47.69.  The previous mark was 1:48.41. 

In addition to the new 200 butterfly MCPS record, the Vikings set four school records. The team of Meyer, Gould, Reia Tong, and Lauren Levy beat Churchill to take first in the 200 breaststroke relay with a school-record time of 2:11.06.  In the 200 mixed medley relay, Schulkin, Victoria Kuhn, Serge Gould, and Patrick Scordato finished in a time of 1:43.99.  This school record beat the Vikings’ previous mark of 1:45.16 and was just off the county-record time of 1:43.15.  In the 200 mixed fly, Poore, Schulkin, Scordato, and Serge Gould missed the MCPS record by three hundredths of a second.  Poore, Kuhn, Serge Gould, and Adam Wise made up the 200 mixed backstroke relay which finished in a time of 1:44.32, just short of the county record, 1:43.91. 

The Vikings look to continue their success into their dual-meet against Walter Johnson on Saturday, Jan. 16.