“The Living Dead” roam Whitman’s halls

**Also by Juelia Fong**

Twenty-one students “died” in the first day of Every 15 Minutes, a hands-on program designed to teach students about the dangers of driving while intoxicated. The students listed were killed in a car accident related to drunk driving.

Senior Alex Hobby is participating in Every 15 Minutes. Seniors watched as paramedics disassembled a crashed car in front of the school during third period. Photo by Billy Bird.

7:30 a.m. Senior Emily Park died yesterday after a drunk driver hit her car while she was driving home from band practice.

7:45 a.m. Junior Lydia Koroshetz drove home with a friend last night after a party. After her friend ran a red light, they were hit by a car. Both died.

8:00 a.m. Junior Sasha Berger suffered severe lacerations after getting into a car collision with a drunk driver. She went to the hospital, but died shortly after she arrived.

8:20 a.m. After casually drinking, sophomore Lottie Nalls got into a car accident, resulting in a traumatic brian accident. Her car swerved and ran off the road.

8:35 a.m. Senior Nico Zavaleta left a party still intoxicated and ran a stop sign, leading to a collision with another car. His mistake was fatal.

8:50 a.m. Junior Andrew Feder was walking home on the sidewalk yesterday when he was hit by a drunk driver’s car. He died on the spot.

10:05 a.m. Senior Maggie Schmidt drove herself home, while still intoxicated, and crashed her car. She died before reaching the hospital.

10:20 a.m. Sophomore Nick Holden suffered severe injuries after a drunk family member got in a car accident. He passed away.

10:35 a.m. Senior Erin Pearson was in the passenger seat of a drunk friend’s car when the friend lost control of the vehicle and swerved into a ditch. Pearson had severe wounds and died.

10:55 a.m. Junior Thomas Colton was driving home when he was hit by a drunk driver. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

11:10 a.m. Freshman Heather Strauss was walking home from a friend’s house when a drunk driver ran her over. Strauss died immediately.

11:25 a.m. Senior Nikhil Gupta drove with a drunk friend home from a party. He was sober, but died on the scene.

11:45 a.m. Junior Corinne Osnos was coming home from a party when she was hit by a drunk driver. She was hospitalized and died shortly.

12:00 p.m. Sophomore Ben James died on the highway after getting into a collision with a driver who had several alcoholic drinks.

12:15 p.m. Junior Michael Flack was hit by a drunk driver. Before someone got a chance to call 911, he died on the scene.

12:40 p.m. Senior Jonny Schear was driving his girlfriend home after dinner when he was blind-sided by a car. Schear was the only casualty.

12:55 p.m. Sophomore Justine Wood and freshman Jon Wiedemann were pedestrians walking on the sidewalk when they were hit by the vehicle of a drunk driver. They were both taken to the hospital, but were pronounced dead shortly.

1:10 p.m. Junior Kaitlin Payne was the designated driver for her friends after attending a party where alcoholic drinks were served. She was ejected from her car after being hit by a drunk driver and died immediately.

1:30 p.m. Senior Sophie Pellegrini was driving herself home after a party. She was rear-ended by another person leaving the party. Pellegrini didn’t survive the accident.

1:45 p.m. Junior Luke Graves drove intoxicated and without a license. He collided with another car and died immediately.